Randi R. Nelson
RANDI R. NELSON is a partner at PARRINO|SHATTUCK, PC. She has worked strictly on matrimonial litigation since 2011 and is admitted to practice in Connecticut. She represents clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, alimony, child support, child custody, property division, post-judgment modification, and post-judgment contempt.
Nelson is a member of the American, Connecticut, Fairfield County, and Westport/Weston bar associations. In addition, she is a special master for family matters in the Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport and Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford.
In 2007, Nelson received a bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Arlington, where she was a member of the Kappa Tau Alpha Honor Society. She earned her juris doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University in 2010, where was a recipient of a merit-based scholarship and was a member of the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: Merit-based Scholarship
- University of Texas at Arlington
- B.A. - 2007
- Honors: Kappa Tau Alpha Honor Society
- Major: Public Relations
- Major: Journalism
- Hornung v. Hornung - Successfully tracked $32 million over the duration of a 16-year marriage to prove that the funds were separate property according to the terms of the pre-nuptial agreement. An award of $7.5 million lump sum alimony does not constitute a property distribution in violation of the terms of the parties' pre-nuptial agreement.
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Rising Star as recognized by Super Lawyers* since 2015
- Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers since 2020
- Women in the Law by Best Lawyers since 2020
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys since 2015
- 10 Best Female Family Law Attorney by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 2019
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut Under the Age of 40 as recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2014 and 2016
- New Leaders in the Law as recognized by the Connecticut Law Tribune in 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Present
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Westport/Weston Bar Association, Member, Present
- Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford, Special Master for Family Matters
- Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport, Special Master for Family Matters, Present