LAURA R. SHATTUCK is a partner and co-founder of PARRINO|SHATTUCK, PC. Her practice is dedicated to representing clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, alimony, child support, child custody, property division, post-judgment modification, and post-judgment contempt. Shattuck is an active litigator and has significant experience with large, sophisticated cases. She is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent-rated attorney.
Shattuck is admitted to practice in Connecticut; the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut; and the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York. She serves as a special master for family matters in the Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport and Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford. She is also a member of the American, Connecticut, and Fairfield County bar associations.
Shattuck is an active volunteer. She participates in the Connecticut Judicial Branch Stamford Family Volunteer Attorney Program, and she has served on the board of the March of Dimes Fairfield County Division.
In 1991, Shattuck earned a bachelor's degree from Loyola University. In 1999, she received her juris doctor degree from the Quinnipiac University School of Law, cum laude, and was a recipient of a Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, a Service to Community Award, and a merit-based scholarship. Shattuck also is a graduate of the ABA-NITA Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute.
Shattuck has earned the following awards/recognitions:
- America's Most Honored Professionals, Top One Percent in 2016
- Best Attorneys of America
- Top Lawyers of New York Area in 2017 by New York Magazine
- Top Lawyers of Boston in 2018 by the Boston Globe
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated attorney
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for Connecticut in 2017
- ALM's 2015 Women Leaders in the Law
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys since 2015
- Lawyers of Distinction, Top Ten Percent USA in 2017
- America's Top 100 Attorneys
- Distinguished Professional by Noticed (formerly known as Expert Network)
Tanzman v. Meurer - A trial court that predicates a financial support order on a party's earning ability must ascertain the specific dollar amount of the party's earning ability.
Powell-Ferri v. Ferri - Under Massachusetts law, it was proper for trustees to transfer assets from one trust that let the party husband withdraw principal to a second trust from which he could not withdraw principal. The husband was not obligated by the automatic orders to sue his family member trustees for return of the assets.
Dowd v. Dowd - Using a creative but meritless interpretation of the separation agreement, the husband failed to comply with his alimony obligations. An award of interest and counsel fees was granted.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Service to Community Award
- Honors: Distinguished Academic Achievement Award
- Honors: Merit-based Scholarship
- Loyola University New Orleans
- B.A. - 1991
- Major: Political Science
- Dowd v Dowd
- Tanzman v Meurer
- Powell-Ferri v Ferri
Honors and Awards
- Top Lawyers of Boston, Boston Globe
- Top Ten Percent USA, Lawyers of Distinction
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for Connecticut, America’s Top 100
- Top Lawyers of New York Area, New York Magazine
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top One Percent, American Registry
- Women Leaders in the Law, ALM
- Best Attorneys of America, Best Attorneys of America
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- AV-rated Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell
- America's Top 100 Attorneys, America's Top 100
- Distinguished Professional, Noticed (formerly known as Expert Network)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Present
- Fairfield County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford, Special Master for Family Matters, Present
- Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport, Special Master for Family Matters, Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Stamford Family Volunteer Attorney Program
- March of Dimes Fairfield County Division, Past Board Member
- March of Dimes Fairfield County Division, Active Volunteer